AECOM is seeking a Senior Associate Urban Designer based in our Head Office in Abu Dhabi. The Incumbent is responsible for providing all necessary support for delivering distinctive and unique urban design / master planning / landscaping concepts in line with AECOM’s vision: “To enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments".
- Managing the delivery of all technical, project management and financial aspects of large scale master plan projects
- Strong conceptual design skills, ability to provide spatial design solutions for a wide range of project types, and project scales from small site plans to large national strategic plans
- Ability to multi-task on multiple project commitments through a combination of delegation and self delivery
- Overseeing the creation of urban design projects for company clients.
- Ensuring timely delivery of quality designs by using creativity & artistic talent, through the application of oral, graphic and written communication skills.
- Preparing design briefs, scopes of work, and fee proposals in response to Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for master planning consultants.
- Working closely and effectively with the Development Department and other divisions within Design Department to ensure that developed master plans are both financially and technically feasible.
- Managing relationships with regulatory/ compliance authorities for master planning and development control.
- Ensuring that master plans, landscape designs are completed according to time and budget.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with a solid understanding of other design disciplines such as architecture, landscape architecture and engineering.
- Manage staff both in the delivery of projects, and in their overall growth and development within the company
- Promoting AECOM’s initiatives in sustainable development through community planning, green buildings and the public realm.
- Onsite design modifications and implementation of additional client requests.
- Participating in the preparation of periodical progress report, correspondence with client, project managers and contractors.