1. Formal qualifications in Civil Engineering (BE) preferred with industry experience. At least 10 years estimating along with site based experience. Knowledge of the use of ‘First Principles Estimating’ and Working knowledge of estimation software like CCS etc.
2. Ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines. Effective time management of work flow in order to meet tender deadlines. Knowledge about local market in term of regulation, bench mark cost data & condition of contracts used.
3. Initial review in conjunction with Estimating Manager of resource requirement budget/quantity estimations; risks; special conditions and the like.
4. Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity, etc… and provide feedback to the Estimation manager
5. Manage the Tender preparation including rising queries to client/consultants with respect to document discrepancies, administration of sending out Enquiries, Take-offs and the subsequent submission.
6. In-conjunction with Estimator, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
7. Delegate activities to the Estimator/Assistant Estimator
8. Once tender is completed, incorporate all relevant details, forward to Estimating Manager for review.
9. Make tender amendments where applicable utilizing client feedback on submitted tender.
10. Post Award Procedure – Preparation of Documents and other tender analysis information summaries for handover to relevant project team members.
11. Pricing change orders/VOs if required.
12.Perform all activities in compliance with the Company Health, Safety & Environmental Management System (HSEMS) and the assigned specific responsibilities.
13.Comply with and implement the local laws and Client requirements related to Health, Safety and Environmental aspects at workplace as per the bestowed authority and responsibility.
14.Be responsible for own and subordinates’ wellbeing and the wellbeing of the environment.
back to jobs