Posted 17 April 2017
Reporting to: General Manager
Other interactions: With HOD
Objectives: Responsible for leading the health, safety and environmental management in Qurayyat Site, including coordinating policy implementation, industrial hygiene, hazard identification and risk assessment, health and safety training, and employee participation, all driving the plant to zero injuries and incidents.
• Establish the HSE and security management plan for the site.
• Plan for and implement the site HSE & security training programs.
• Manage occupational health, workers’ health examination.
• Establish an emergency action plan in preparation of an accident occurrence and the reporting system.
• Investigate the cause of accident, establish preventive countermeasure and report the result to HQ and local governmental authorities concerned.
• Establish the emergency response plan for major accidents and provide the training and the result report.
• Record and keep the statistics of accident reports.
• Provide the HSE security equipment and personal protective equipment.
• Provide the preventive plans for hazardous material handling.
• Support discipline supervisors for performing their job safety.
• On regular schedule, take a site safety and security patrol to find any inappropriate practice. Inform assigned superintendent to take a necessary measure to correct discrepancies, and assure that corrective action is followed up.
• Responsible for ensuring that Project HSE Management policy, plans and procedures are implemented effectively and are suitable for the their purposes and use for which they are intended.
• Establish Permit to Work System and manage and train relevant personnel.
• Report the performance status of Project HSE and relevant issues to the Corporate QHSE Team and General Manager.
Duration: 1 year contract renewable
Desired start date: 1st June 2017
Housing, Transport and Medical Insurance
• University Qualifications: Degree in a discipline of HSE
• Certifications in Health, Safety and Environment desirable
• Nature and length of previous experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in Health & Safety industry
• Age Range: 25-45
• Gender Preference: Male
• Nationality Preference: Oman
• Language Fluency: English & Arabic
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
• Experience working in an industrial facility with Process Safety Management responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Collaboration with multiple levels of the organisation
• Excellent time management capabilities
• Exemplary computer skills, with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
• Ability to drive HSE organisational culture change; embraces and teaches company culture
• Responds well to high-pressure situations
• Proven ability to analyse situations and data to make sound decisions
• Detail oriented and self-starter
• A desire to work in the field, alongside operators, in a desalination plant; comfortable working in an industrial environment and the hazards that accompany it, including exposure to all weather elements
• Experience in hazard recognition, evaluation, control
• Comfortable presenting to a group: whether training frontline employees or presenting a safety plan to a potential customer
• Familiar with HSE management systems (OHSAS 18001, ANSI Z10, ISO 14001, etc.) and their implementation
• Knowledge of computers, automation for safety
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyflux is a global leader in environmental solutions, focusing on the areas of water and energy. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, the Group has operations and projects in Southeast Asia, China, India, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas. Hyflux is committed to providing cost-effective and innovative solutions that contribute to resource optimisation and sustainable growth for communities and industries. A specialist in water treatment, Hyflux is distinctive in its ability to address the challenges at every point of the entire water value chain. The Group’s track record includes Singapore’s first water recycling plant and some of the world’s largest seawater reverse osmosis desalination plants in Algeria, China and Singapore.back to jobs