Farah Experiences, Dubai
August 10, 2017
This position involves the operation & maintenance of all rides and attractions. Performs analysis of equipment failures and recommends a course of re-design/action in conjunction with the Farah Experiences Engineering Department.
This position reports to the Chief Engineer in planning and executing of the rides and attractions preventative maintenance program and will manage R&A Maintenance team. You will be actively involved in preparing and managing in the annual maintenance expense and CAPEX budget; meet divisional goals and metrics & ensure safety health, and environmental matters are followed and adhered to.
- Overall long-term planning for Rides & Attractions shutdown, overhaul and annual maintenance including Non- Destructive Testing and 3rd Party inspections.
- Resource Planning.
- Integration, commissioning and training of existing and new Rides & Attractions.
- Maintain and improve Preventative Maintenance plans existing and new Rides & Attractions.
- Ensure proper inventory levels for spare parts for all Ride & Attractions.
- Review drawings as submitted for any new Rides & Attractions.
- Ensure that proper Rides & Attractions on-the-job training program is followed and updated as necessary.
- Utilize the CMMS system as a tool to improve maintenance practices and provide necessary input to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide the necessary input for the Rides & Attractions’ P&L and CAPEX annually.
- Cooperation with Farah Leisure Engineering Department to constantly improve Rides & Attractions.
- Conducting performance reviews for Rides and Attractions Maintenance Assistant Manager and disciplinary actions within the team.
- Plan, direct, control and manage all aspects of the Leisure Facility or Attractions Maintenance
- Ensure all facilities/attractions are maintained at the highest level to ensure the safety of the Guests and team members and present a show of world-class recognition.
- Ensure all Colleagues within the group are properly trained and utilize all safety equipment issued to them by maintaining 100% compliance in order to reduce workplace injuries and accidents.
- Oversee facility/attraction installation processes as in order to ensure the installation meets all the requirements set forth in the contract, specifications and drawings.
- Participate in facility/attraction design review processes in order to communicate operational improvements to designers
- Accept facilities/attractions at turnover on behalf of Maintenance in order to have a seamless turnover process from construction to operations.
- Participate in facilities/attractions refurbishment program by developing scope requirements, budget requirements, schedule, insuring all third party inspections are complete working in conjunction with the HSE Department and providing acceptance of the facility/attraction on behalf of Maintenance.
- Participate in Park “Duty Manager” program in order to gain an overall understanding of the interdivisional operational requirements of the Farah Leisure Theme Park system.
- Overseeing the park maintenance operations to achieve stated objectives for ride maintenance, ride checks, repairs, costs, guest service satisfaction, park operational cleanliness and sanitation.
- Integration of the computerized maintenance management system (MAXIMO) asset management, inventory and processes.
- Managing the department recruitment process - screening, interviewing and selecting a qualified Maintenance team.
- Procurement of the CAPEX and Inventory items.
- Tracking of the CAPEX & Inventory budgets - forecast and variances.
- Implementation of the comprehensive Preventive Maintenance Program for the park rides and equipment.
- Actively seeking and implementing cost saving programs in order to provide positive financial results.
- Development and implementation of the Maintenance Department processes, policies and procedures.
- Coordinator of the Colleagues training program (internal and external training and certifications).
- Represent the department in all meetings and functions in the absence of the Director.
As an ideal candidate you must have:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering background.
- AFO or equivalent certification for departmental role
- Theme Park Maintenance Training which may include any of the following: ASTM, Amusement Industry Maintenance Seminars (AIMS), National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials.
- AFO Instructor or equivalent standing for departmental role.
- Must have a minimum of at least 7 years’ experience in the maintenance field and in the theme park amusement ride industry
- Previous experience in the aquatic industry will be an added advantage
- 3 years in a management position in a Maintenance Department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Be able to work productively within a team environment.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to data collected within maintenance and procurement to produce maintenance and procurement strategies.
- Computerised Maintenance Management System experience such as MAXIMO or similar software.
back to jobs