Posted 2 August 2017
• Interface with clients and contractors to determine and verify project survey requirements.
• Check setting-out and levels.
• Check services locations and ensure their protection.
• Supervise other Surveyors on site.
• Observe site safety procedures.
• Measure work done when required.
• Assist in the preparation of ‘as-built’ drawings.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the resident engineer, and project safety representative.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
The candidate must have the below qualifications:
• Diploma/Associate degree in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying or equivalent.
• Minimum 12 years of experience in infrastructure and road works. Prior RTA approval is a plus.
• Knowledge and/or experience in using CAD software and survey software, total station, data collectors and GPS equipment.
• Working knowledge of construction sequences and standard work procedures of the industry.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to safe work practices.