PMV Manager - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posted 3 days ago
• Tier 1 Contracting Firm
• Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Competitive Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
The client is a leading Tier 1 general contracting firm with regional MENA operations. They have secured numerous key commercial building projects and now seek to expand their resource capability in key leadership roles. They now seek to appoint a PMV (Plant, Machinery and Vehicle) Manager in Riyadh for this key role.
This role is responsible for the overall utilisation and maintenance of the firm’s Vehicles, Equipment, Machines and Plant including the scheduling of, and management of personnel for the maintenance, repair and installation of machinery, equipment and vehicles for various construction projects.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and managing a PMV team of 8 staff, this role is responsible for the following:
• Ensures proper implementation of all Company procedures within the PMV department especially the PMV related procedures.
• Assists the Project Managers in the development of project-specific PMV Procedures if required.
• Responsible for specifying the needs of the PMV presence in projects depending on the conditions of each project.
• Supervises the process of setting up the PMV workshops on sites to enable smooth commencement and continuation of Project activities.
• Monitors the operation of all Company’s equipment and miscellaneous service equipment through various control measures and ensures optimum operational status and deployment.
• Assumes responsibility for Project Mobilisation
• Reviews Project Contract and Plant List and arranges for the necessary logistics for transferring plant to specific project sites.
• Monitors Plant operating and maintenance costs and productivity.
• Carries out analysis to identify trends and make recommendations for rectification of variances of irregularities.
• Maintaining plant market knowledge and contacts to keep up with developments, obtains realistic offers for evaluation and approve purchases within level of delegated authority.
• Manages the maintenance and workshops activities and fulfils repair requests from projects and sites in coordination with the resource optimization manager.
• Ensures all maintenance tasks are performed and completed in a safe and timely manner.
• Assigns work to perform preventive maintenance work on equipment and machines and prepare maintenance schedules and plans.
• Ensures that all equipment is maintained, repaired, returned and installed to production status and that all safety procedures are followed properly.
• Assesses all repairs thoroughly so that all replacement parts as well as any necessary spares or parts kept in inventory are ordered in a timely manner.
• Maintains a flexible maintenance management system in coordination with IT function.
• Provides and produces periodic reports on operational costs and condition of equipment’s as needed.
• Analyse different technical studies to decide whether to repair or buy a piece of equipment.
• Assist procurement function in equipment’s specifications purchase requests, and evaluate technical proposals from suppliers.
• Implementing training programs for all personnel working in the PMV department.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable with at least 6 years of relevant PMV management experience with a strong background in commercial construction projects.
• Strong leadership skills, negotiation abilities, analytical skills essential as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Candidates must have experience in PMV from the GCC region.
A competitive salary package will be offered to attract exceptional candidates to this growth organisation.
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through 'best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.
back to jobs