AlJaber Engineering (JE)
Posted 14 March 2017
Seeking a Construction Design Management (CDM) Specialist, reporting to the Engineering and Design Manager, who can originate and review complex architectural/structural/MEP engineering design & deliverables to assure all health and safety aspects have been taken into consideration.
The CDM Specialist shall lead and manage a group of professional design consultants and CAD operators, work well under multitasking, possess good management experience & teamwork skills under timelines to accomplish department objectives by meeting quality of work and cost standards.
The candidate is required to:
• Study all client HSE manuals and process manuals, templates and guide lines
• Review design against UK CIRIA CDM guidance for design
• Assure all the design consultants be fully aware of their CDM roles and responsibilities during design stage
• Ensure the coordination and cooperation amongst all the various discipline consultant
• Record the significant findings on a common design risk register (DRR)
• Hold regular meetings with client CDM focal point and review of all the discipline consultants
• In addition to the above duties, work as an architectural engineer with engineering team
• Prepare of the architectural shop drawings and be able to prepare, detailed sections, floor plans, elevations, levelling, façade, door schedules, room data sheet, finishing materials, cutting list, schedules, etc. in a very detailed manner
• Ensure that all construction detail and rebar’s cut and bend requirements are properly indicated on drawings
• Review and coordinate technical documents and IFC drawings with/from Client, construction team and other engineering disciplines
• Prepare technical reports relates to specific design/construction issues
• Manage specifically assigned project activities in accordance with construction baseline programme
• Assist in constructability reviews
ABOUT THE COMPANY
AlJaber Engineering (JE) is a leading general contractor based in the State of Qatar. Established in 1995 as part of Al Jaber Group, a major conglomerate with over 30 companies, JE has successfully completed numerous large-scale turnkey projects for many prestigious clients in different sectors including: highways, roads and infrastructure engineering, procurement, installation & commissioning (epic) oil, gas, petrochemical and industrial pipeline construction power generation, substations & desalination plants sewage treatment plants and pumping stations maintenance of oil & gas and petrochemical installations landmark buildings.
back to jobs