Posted 26 March 2017
Be a part of our International Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
This is an opportunity to become part of the leadership in our Dubai based Pre-Contract team, overseeing, managing and delivering for clients across the region.
The successful candidate will have the expertise to:
• Lead a team with the coordination and preparation of Bills of Quantities, Tender Documentation and Tender Packages in line with standard systems of measurement
• Prepare cash flow forecasts and related reports
• Preparation of concept, schematic and detailed design Cost Plans and Pre Tender Estimates
• Take a lead role with the coordination and preparation of Contract Documents
• Take a lead role with Value Engineering / Value Management
• Take a lead role with Project Risk Management
• Prepare and make recommendations for payment of Interim Valuations
• Prepare final account statements and other financial certificates as required in accordance with the respective forms of contract
• Prepare appropriate responses to Claims and Contractual correspondence for the Line Manager / Commercial Manager
• Take a lead role in gathering and analysing cost data for the Mace Cost Consultancy cost database
• Assist in the implementation of maintenance of the Client relationship
• Deliver agreed scope of service for projects under their control
• Undertake and perform services adhering to international best practice processes and the Standards of the RICS
• Ensure that Mace policies and processes are understood, implemented and adhered to
• Coordinate and delegate workload when responsible for an Assistant as required
• Support Managers with the preparation of fee invoices
• Ensure scope of service is clear and understood by all parties
• Ensure no work or additional work is undertaken without the necessary authorisation from the Client and Line Manager
• Review the project workbook for assessment of project performance when requested
• Ensure Client delivery expectations are understood and achieved
• Keep abreast of market developments and related costs
• Degree in Cost / Consultancy / Quantity Surveying is essential
• Full Membership of the RICS is preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in the industry, minimum 5 year as a Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor
• Experience in pre-contract services and use of measurement methods and software
• Knowledge of Contracting Practices and preparation of Tender Documents / Bills of Quantities
• Knowledge of preparing Tender Reports, Cost Planning and Estimation, Bid Analysis and Bid Conditions
• Familiar with FIDIC Form of Contracting in all its forms
• Knowledge of various methods of measurement (POMI, CESMM, SMM7, NRM1 & NRM2)
• Knowledge and understanding of Auto Cad and CostX measurement or similar billing software
• UAE / GCC experience is preferred
• Excellent technical grounding in all aspects of quantity surveying or cost management is essential
• Experience of advising clients on Value management, Value Engineering and Life Cycle costing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required
• Excellent Leadership qualities are essential
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
back to jobs