$125 million contracts awarded by Al Maktoum International Airport

December 12, 2016

undefinedLane Construction Company, a US-based subsidiary of the Italy-headquartered Salini Impregilo Group, said in a statement that it has secured a $75 million contract to complete 60% of the works, according to a news report. National Contracting and Transportation Company (NCTC) headquartered in Sharjah, UAE, will complete the remaining 40%.

“The project entails new terminal facilities, concourses, runways, roads and tunnels,” the statement said. “In preparation for the expansion, Lane will work on temporary fences and gates, utilities and site offices, as well as site security. It is to start in January 2017 and finish in 31 months.”

The new airport is expected to become a major transport hub. Plans state that it will eventually have capacity for more than 220 million passengers a year, making it the world’s biggest in terms of size and passenger capacity by 2050.

 

Return to News